Mobile Check Deposit allows you to deposit checks into your account — without going to a branch — with a mobile device through Bank of Utah's Mobile App!* Before you begin, you must be signed up for online banking with Bank of Utah. Then, register your smartphone for mobile banking. Find instructions on how to activate your phone.
Get the App:
- The Bank of Utah Mobile App is available for iPhone®, iPad®, and Android® devices. Download the app from the Apple App Store® or Google Play®.
Handle the Check:
- Endorse the check with your signature and the words "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY BANK OF UTAH".
- Retain the check for at least 7 days. During that time, keep the check in a secure place. You may want to mark or fold the check to indicate that the check has been deposited. After 7 days, you may shred the check.
IMPORTANT: Improperly endorsed checks may be rejected at the discretion of the Bank. Checking the pre-printed mobile deposit box on your check does not meet endorsement requirements.
Example of a properly endorsed check:
Make the Deposit:
- Log in to the App.
- On the main screen, select Deposit a Check or from the Menu, select Transactions, then Deposit Check.
- Select the account for deposit.
- Enter the amount of the check.
- Select Front of check, then take a picture of the front.
- Select Back of check, then take a picture of the back.
- Click Submit Deposit.
Message or data rates from your wireless provider may apply.